Re: double post

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on March 02, 2004 at 10:39:00:

In Reply to: Re: double post posted by Kerry Grissett on March 02, 2004 at 10:27:08:

Bob, since I had never seen the "Repost Form Data" box pop-up in the past, I did a test to see for sure.

I couldn't get the box to pop-up. This could be a browser specific thing, so I won't say it can't happen though.

In any case, all multiple posts start with the first click on the "Post Message" button. I sincerely believe that the majority of the rest of the duplicates are done in the same way, by clicking the post message button. Many times the duplicate posts will have only a second or 2 between posting times. Sticky fingers or impatience is the most likely cause along with folks who look for their message on the main board, don't see it because their browser has not reloaded the page and is showing them the page from their cache.

I have my browser set to check pages everytime to see if they have changed. This forces a server reload anytime I load a page which has changed from what it loaded in my cache. If a person has clicked on the post message button and after loading the main message index does not see their message, they need to hold down the SHIFT key while clicking the RELOAD button to force a server reload.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]