Wheeler Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on March 01, 2004 at 16:03:33:

Well, over the past week or so, Kerry and I have had good days and BAD! Kerry went Monday and had a great day! We decided to go on Friday and did fairly well but did not limit. We had 27 but they were all good quality! I decided to go back on Saturday because of the forecast (Sun was going to be out all day) and had only 16. Again, these fish were GREAT quality. Had 4 fish over 2 pounds and the rest were a pound or better. Seems like the fish want to come up but they do not stay long. I realize the crappie are nowhere near ready to spawn but all the females are full of eggs!

Kerry and I have been catching our fish shallow! Real shallow! 2 feet or less. Using bassassasins on a 1/16 oz jig head under a small cork. Seems like that if you can find a flat that has sun on it and baitfish, the crappie are there also.

Unfortunately, this week the rain returns and the water will rise once again. Man I wish I could control the weather. Seems like every time we start to figure the fish out, Mother Nature spoils our hopes! I will try to get out again this week but it does not look good weather wise. Good luck and wear those life jackets!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]