Guntersville Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by baddog on February 29, 2004 at 22:44:25:

Hello all had the blessing of getting to go fishing this weekend and I caught alot of fish most were 11 and 12 inches with a few 14 " fish. But the thing I wanted to mention is this:
A week or so ago i grabbed a few of my favorite asassins and put them in a little zip lock bag and put them in the pocket of my coveralls. They were some of the dark greens and the bright chartruse a few whites and a few albinos. The greens bleed off into the albinos and whites and stained them with a green tint. The result was just amazing when I started using the stained jigs. I went from couldn't get a bite to catching a fish nearly every cast. I caught fish 15 foot deep and up to 3 foot deep they just seemed to be everywhere. I even fished under a light Saturday night with black jigs in 8 foot of water and caught some really nice fish. I took a reading and the water temp was up from 2 weeks ago which was 45 degrees to 48 degrees. All of the females were just full of eggs and fat and sassy. I hope you all get a chance to wet a hook soon.... Baddog

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]