Re: Rigs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on February 27, 2004 at 15:53:23:

In Reply to: Rigs posted by Jon on February 27, 2004 at 12:20:54:

No amount of money or tackle will make it much easier to catch fish unless you are just way off in left field. A plain hook and live bait is one of the most cheap and effective ways to catch fish. Practice makes perfect. I am not sure if your quarry is black bass or anything that bites? Keep your eye on the tailrace waters belows the dams in the coming weeks... the action will likely get red hot in March-April. Throw grubs of appropriate size, or live bait if you can get it.

Search this site for "tailrace" posts and you might find some tips. It is about the easiest fishing I know of. I went bass fishing with a local guide 3 times a year or so ago and it did not help me catch more fish. It simply made me realize that it is just as much hard work for those guys as it is for us. If you fished as many days as them, for as many hours, you would surely be at the right place at the right time eventually. I am not trying to knock anyone's fish catching ability... just saying that being at the right place at the right time is well over half the battle.

Just continue to enjoy the outdoors. If you put too much pressure on yourself to load the boat, the fun goes out the back door. I have had days where I loaded the boat, but most days would lead to starvation of even the smallest of families!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]