Re: Rigs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clyde on February 27, 2004 at 13:35:33:

In Reply to: Rigs posted by Jon on February 27, 2004 at 12:20:54:

my best two pieces of advise are. 1: Don't change what you are doing as far as "time on the water" there is no substitute for experience even if you get skunked every time out. Fish the same water/lake a lot so you can cut your teeth while you learn the nature and terrain of that certain body of water. Keep reading articles and watching the shows. I find my self doing these same things and getting better and better every year. 2: Fish with people who are better anglers than you. There is no substitute for experience even if it's someone else's. Let someone do some of the hard work of finding the fish and applying a successful pattern and most importantly pay attention and ask questions. If you don't know anybody research and look in to hiring a guide service and do the same. There is a good article in last month's (I think)Bass Master Mag about finding and choosing a good guide including the do's and don'ts. It's definitely cheaper to make friends with a better angler and fish with them. You'd be surprised as to how many people have a hard time finding someone to fish with them especially people who can fish at least once a week. As far as gear buy the best stuff you can afford. My theory is that you want something that's worth spending the money to maintain and fix if it ever breaks. There again, this month's Bass Master Mag has a good article about the different types of rods and reels and what applications to use them on. Scroll through this board you will see a lot of opinions on different brands and models of depth finders. My personal preference is Eagle/Lowrance. The manual included in depth finders will give you the basics on how to read it then the rest is experience whether it's your's or someone else's. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]