Re: crappie S.O.S

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on February 25, 2004 at 22:26:15:

In Reply to: crappie S.O.S posted by eric on February 25, 2004 at 19:00:05:

I haven't fished either of those areas in a couple or three years, so I can't tell you anything for sure. However, sometimes, the silence on this board can mean that folks are too busy catching them and may not want to go public with the info! (grin) Then again, it could mean that nobody reading this board is fishing that area.

I know both areas have been known to produce crappie this time of year and with the weekend forecast being sunny and warm, I would work the edges of the creek channel and look for them there early. As the sun gets up higher, look for them in the shallower flats. Of course, make sure to hit any structure you find, stumps, stickups, etc. If you have a decent depth/fish finder and locate fish in or near the creek channels near a shallow flat, but they won't hit, look out when the sun warms up the nearby shallows!

In any case, get out there and try for them. The time is right and the weather should be good. There is no substitute for time on the water and you won't know until you go and throw!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]