Re: Stolen Boat - Please Keep Your Eyes Open!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on February 23, 2004 at 08:51:06:

In Reply to: Re: Stolen Boat - Please Keep Your Eyes Open!!! posted by Mike on February 23, 2004 at 07:49:13:

Mike, I realize what you are saying but this kind of activity must stop! My truck was one of the vehicles broken in to so I can say this! First of all one of your ideas was to " But, a citizen's arrest, with a firearm trained on the thief until police arrived, would be a great way to slow them down..." is not such a good idea! I do not know if you realized this but possessing a firearm such as a pistol is against the law when carrying it on a wild life refuge. It is also a felony if you possess a firearm on a ramp that was built by the Army corps of Engineers. The ramp is considered federal property!
I do not have a good solution but if someone were shot for breaking into a vehicle, it would not be any sweat off my back! The word would get around and maybe these maggots would think twice. The only other solution is to maybe pay someone to baby-sit the trailers and vehicles while we are out fishing. If you are interested, how about four dollars an hour????

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]