Re: Anyone care to Comment on 1986 Vision 180 Boat?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Kelley on February 23, 2004 at 08:08:30:

In Reply to: Anyone care to Comment on 1986 Vision 180 Boat? posted by Steve on February 21, 2004 at 21:54:04:

I had friends who bought several of them in the late 80's from the Boat House in Athens. All very happy with the way they fished, but not very performance oriented. They don't run on pad very good. It's almost like they are dragging their belly across the water. Bad on fuel compared to other 'pad' boats. BUT, hand-laid hull and quality materials. Good used boat to have, especially at your price...
By the way, did you end up with many more stripers yesterday afternoon? We left and went to the intakes and rip-rap to catch a few green fish. my brother hooked and lost a good 'un - about 6#. I caught a 2# on the same bait.We ended up with about 8 stripers, 2 largest around 10-12#, and of course, the several lovely large blue catfish that weighed from 3-18#. Those ol' boys that were catching the tiny catfish took all of our fish and were glad to have them!
If you're not sure who this is, it's one of the 'shad' brothers. Would you believe that we gave shad to our other buddy out there and still dumped about 50 nice ones out when we left...Good luck with the boat and see you out 'there'.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]