Re: Stolen Boat - Please Keep Your Eyes Open!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on February 23, 2004 at 07:49:13:

In Reply to: Re: Stolen Boat - Please Keep Your Eyes Open!!! posted by Kerry Grissett on February 22, 2004 at 21:02:09:

Kerry, I've often heard you encourage the board to catch a limit, have a great trip, practice good conservation, etc. But your above post really got my attention. To "catch one of these maggots in the act and put an end to their thievery, permanently" is encouraging lawlessness.
I agree that anyone who steals like that is the lowest of low, a bottom sucking maggot and all those bad words, but we can't just KILL them. I share your disdain for the sorry bas--r-s, but to take deadly action against someone who is not threatening bodily harm is a felony.We can't stoop to breaking the law or then we would be like them. But, a citizen's arrest, with a firearm trained on the thief until police arrived, would be a great way to slow them down...
I think you were just expressing your outrage at thievery because you, and many more including me, have been victimized by these chicken hearted, sneaky, unseen sacks of cow poop! (When I was a teen someone broke into our house and used a U-Haul to load it up!) None of them would dare try to steal our stuff while we are present, now would they? Let's try to keep our eyes open at the ramps this year, but please don't try to stop it "permanently" or we'll need Steve Ball to represent us. And that wouldn't be good, because it would interfere with his fishing!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]