Re: I notice that in spite of repeated warnings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on February 18, 2004 at 20:33:04:

In Reply to: I notice that in spite of repeated warnings posted by Mark T on February 18, 2004 at 19:08:38:

This has been suggested several times in the past, but I have never seriously considered doing it.

Why? I doubt very many people would pay for something like that when there are already lots of places on the net which provide similar services for free. Not to mention, it would be something else I would have to monitor and the NAFF takes 3-5 hours a day of my time now. Also, IMO, it would be the first step towards changing the whole tone and scope of this site.

More than once I have considered taking the site commercial and trying to make some real money from it. Why haven't I done this? Several reasons, but the one that always keep me from going that way is that the NAFF is unique in that it is truly operated from the pure love of fishing. My love of fishing and many others. I don't think there is a site out there that really competes with what we have created here as it relates to fishing in Alabama and fishing in general for that matter.

Whew! I get long winded! (grin)

In any case, thanks for the suggestion. I am always looking for ways to improve the NAFF and at some point I might make some changes and add other services, but for sometimes purely selfish reasons, I don't plan on doing anything like that soon. I guess I need to be "inspired" again as I was when I lost my mind and started the NAFF in the first place! LOL! (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]