Re: crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by baddog on February 17, 2004 at 10:14:34:

In Reply to: crappie posted by Kent on February 16, 2004 at 21:36:59:

I too went to guntersville saturday and sunday. The water was kinda muddy saturday but better sunday. The Fish I caught were under piers in water 8 to 15 foot deep. With some of the bigger fish being just 5 foot deep. I think this was because the water was clearer up toward the surface. I caught the limit both days but it took all day to do it. most fish were 3/4 lb with about 10 weighing 1 1/2 lbs. They were bearly bumping and sometimes just picking the jig up enough to see slack in the line. I caught the most on 1 1/2 asassin baby shad. You know the grey and white ones.I like just pitchin them under piers or just along side of them and letting it free fall down past the post. I did switch to a 1/32 white lead head as suggested by kerry and noticed the fall was alot slower. but the wind made it tough @ times to read the suttle bump. The 1/16 falls a little quicker and the strike seemed to be a little harder on them. All in all if you bundle up in layers and wear your coveralls there is great fishing even in crappie weather. Catch den crappies when ya can ......Baddog

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]