Re: Fish locators/depth finders

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on February 16, 2004 at 21:28:12:

In Reply to: Re: Fish locators/depth finders posted by Mike Kelley on February 16, 2004 at 08:57:02:

The last time I was in a boat with one was with Alex. Don't remember what the model number is, but I am sure it is/was not a top of the line model. I think I have either been in the boat or made real time comparisons (on the water, 2 boats, one with Humminbird product, my boat with the Eagle 128 Fish-ID portable) with about 10 different H'bird models. Don't know any of the model numbers, but none of them to my knowledge were the most expensive models. In all cases, my little portable proved, at least to me, that the H'birds were for the birds.

If I have to get the top of the line H'bird model to get the same performance I get from a cheap Eagle, then I will pass. As I said, they may have gotten better, but they made enough lousy units in the past for me to keep far, far away from Humminbird. Trust, in people or products, is harder to get back once lost than it is to get it in the first place.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]