Re: GET HOOKED ON FISHING

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 05, 2000 at 19:36:45:

In Reply to: GET HOOKED ON FISHING posted by KEITH on November 05, 2000 at 18:45:56:

Keith I have been fishing for Jack Salmon or Sauger for about 12 years bow. My best bait over all has been the jig and minnow combination. Over the years I have played around with color schemes and weights. One of the most important factors in my opinion is you must keep the jig verticle when jiging. This will depend alot on current conditions. I have seen times when a 1/4 oz jig was enough but at times I have had to use 1 1/4 oz. The last two years I have found that a blaze orange head with a sky blue grub has out produced other color combinations that I have tried. White has done real well when the water is clear. Always use a stinger hook for the short bite. I would say that 90% of the time I have caught my fish on the trailor hook. Most people use regular fishing line for the stinger hook but I use two snap swivals connected together for the stinger hook line. During a fast day the teeth on sauger tend to wear the line down and eventually bite through. The metal swivels prevent this from occuring. It also is alot faster to build than tying the mono. Right now the water temperature is not low enough. I do not start fishing for jack until the water gets in the 50's. I am not saying that you cannot go out tomorrow and catch sauger. I just feel that if you want to catch keepers the water temperature needs to be alot lower. I hope I have helped. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]