Re: Lower Side of Wheeler Dam

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Thomas on February 11, 2004 at 16:24:21:

In Reply to: Lower Side of Wheeler Dam posted by 190superpro on February 11, 2004 at 09:12:11:

If you are refering to the underwater hazards below wheeler on the Wilson side. You are pretty safe as long as you stay between the bank and the island. you can run a big rig all the way up to the turbines. Since I'm somewhat of a pansy I can't tell you what's up there right now other than cold water. The left side of the island if you are facing the dam......you will see a few rocks exposed. This is actually a hump that paralells the dam all the way to the entrance to the blow hole. That is my spot so stay away! There are a few other big rocks scattered a little further out from this rock row-slow down and idle with your motor up high when you get within a few hundred yards of the dam. There are several huge boulders on the right side of the left entrance to the blow hole-just under the surface-be careful. You can catch a few spots inside the blow hole this time of year on the rock row. As far as smallies i think it may be a little bit early-at least it is for me(too cold). My lease on this spot runs from March thru November! It is posted water then. Good luck and God bless.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]