Re: Bass Assassins

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by boddog on February 10, 2004 at 09:35:31:

In Reply to: Bass Assassins posted by Crappie Addict on February 10, 2004 at 05:26:39:

I use a single 1/16 oz jihead and I mount the asassin with the flat side down because it gives the jig a groovy little glide on the way down as I fish vertically most of the time. Another thing I do is to toss the jig out about as deep as the water is deep and let the jig fall untill it is vertical or hits the bottom. Most of the time it never makes it before a fish gets it.If it does I reel up a round or two sway my rod left and right a time or two maybe with a ever so small twitch now and then.If I feel anything I set the hook immediatly and set it hard. Usually the hook is buried in the roof of their mouth and you can really hoss them outa heavy cover or out from under piers. I use a 6 lb test line with a underswung reel for sensitivity. Try this and see if it works for you. It does me. If you feel a twitch or even if you think yoiu are pulling into some moss BAM!!! Set the hook immediatly. Sometimes I laugh @ myself because a gust of wind will hit the end of the rod and I automatically set the hook with jawbreaking force just to have the jig jump outa the water at the speed of light....I hope this helps and you catch a bucket full....Baddog

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]