Wilson Tournament

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 04, 2000 at 19:04:58:

Well, today was a great day if you were a "DUCK"! I had a live bait tournament today on Wilson and it was tough. We only had five boats so the pot was not very good. My partner and I got to Wilson a little early and tried to get shad. They were not there to get. There was some in Towncreek by Doublehead resort. We started fishing the North side of the river down at 4 mile and six mile creeks. Caught alot of smallmouth but only one keeper. By now it is 7:45 and we go across and fish the bluffs up from Mccurnen creek and stayed there until 11:00. I caught two more keepers and we finally started to go back up river because of the wind. We fished by the yaght club and caught several catfish and one smallmouth (Non keeper). We continued to work the main river points back towards the dam and ended up making two drifts by the dam. The drift was DEAD! Noone around except for us and two other boats. I saw one of my competitors which has no strength in drift fishing and at this point I felt pretty good. We went to the weigh in and come to find out I was the only one in the club that had fish. I ended the tournament with three keeper smallmouth and the biggest one weighed in at 2.78 lbs. So to make the long story short I took 1st,2nd and 3rd and BIG fish! That is the first time I have ever had that to happen to me. The payoff was not that great but because of the hard conditions I felt like I did OK. Wilson was tough today and as far as I know the drift is dead. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]