Re: guntersville water way down

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by baddog on February 04, 2004 at 16:21:13:

In Reply to: Re: guntersville water way down posted by jd on February 04, 2004 at 14:10:23:

Jd
The fish I'm catching consistently are way outa the main current in a average of 10 to 15 foot of water. The weird thing is they are there everyday 365 days a year. Somedays they are out 20 feet further from the bank and somedays 20 closer toward the bank. I have truely never saw fish school anywhere like the honeyhole I happened upon. You know so many people just drop a line in the water at about the same depth thay caught them last time and they dont catch anything so they just move on. The other week when the water was so high in the same spot I caught fish yesterday the fish were just five feet deep and yesterday the were 3 feet off the bottom. Thats the reason when I know fish are there from past trips I start one round off the bottom and work that for 5 minutes or so then if nothing i move up to 2 or 3 rounds off the bottom and so on till I hook em up and then I promise you can drop to the bottom and count your rounds up and boom there they are. I usually try to work the whole area at that depth for a while and if it slows I drop to the bottom and start all over. Some days its one round off the bottom and others its 8 or 10 rounds off the bottom. It works for me and I hope it helps you too.....hook em up....Baddog

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]