Re: Fishing information resource - The NAFF

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bluerod on February 03, 2004 at 08:32:26:

In Reply to: Fishing information resource - The NAFF posted by Kerry Grissett on February 03, 2004 at 00:38:48:

The wonderful thing about searching for information here is the volume of subtle info you come across. There is no way to appreciate the help that the NAFF writers have provided here, if you just want a 25 word answer as you go out the door to fish for sauger, smallmouth, crappie, etc. I suggest that folks sign up for the automatic emails that are available: when you have a question later on, you usually remember that there was a posting about that 'not too long ago'.

Kerry, I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but people are lazy. It's takes less personal effort and it 'hurts' less if someone will do it for you. I say this in view of my kids who ask how much 20% off a ten dollar widget is instead of figuring it out themselves; or the workmate who won't invest the time to figure out how to use the computer software that we have to use in our office. And yet there are many NAFF writers that just love to share what they know, and this is a strength of this message board. Maybe we need to reply to the repeat questions with: "Do a search for this" or "Go to the link at the top of the page that says....."

And I'm guilty of just performing the software task for workmates instead of 'teaching them to fish'. I did learn to challenge my kids on the 20% thing though; they have actually figured it out, amazing! So, some of us will search, many of us won't, and the searchers and great NAFF writers will have more 'lures' to fish with.

My personal thanks to smalliefisher, snapperking, jd, oshie(I haven't heard from him lately?), 5bytes, Tom, Alex, Steve Pope (rest in peace), you of course Kerry, and the many, many regulars here - I have learned so much from you, and hope I can pay it forward. Now, can someone tell me exactly where you caught that bucket mouth and what lure did you use..........?

Tight lines,

Bluerod

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]