Re: Deer Crossing Wheeler

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bama on January 27, 2004 at 12:55:13:

In Reply to: Re: Deer Crossing Wheeler posted by Mike on January 25, 2004 at 09:40:31:

a few years ago I was puting in at honeycomb there by the campgrounds. I saw this doe swimming from hte campgrounds towards the far side point across the water. Don't know how long she had been out there, but she was in the middle and everytime a boat would go between her and the far bank she was trying to get to. She would trun around and go back towards the campgrounds. This was in the summer so the campgrounds were full. she would swim part way back and then trun around again and head for the far side. I watched as she did this at least 3 times.

I eased up to were she was and saw that it was all she could do to keep her head above water. She was so tiered that she could hardly keep going. SO I pulled up and got a rope up under her ( that was a trick, glad I had someoone with me to help ) and I took her back to the far end of the campgrounds, making sure her head was above water. When we got to sallow water (about 3 feet ) I let the rope go and she made her way to the bank.

She was so exhausted that she collapsed on the bank and just lay there panting. If the GW had seen me he would have just had to give me a ticket, because I was not going to sit by and allow this animal to drowned.

I stayed there off the bank so no kids would come up and mess with her. after about 10-15 minutes she got up and ran up the hill into the woods.

helping that deer and keeping her from drowning was the best feeling I have had in a long time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]