Re: sauger

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on January 22, 2004 at 23:24:17:

In Reply to: Re: sauger posted by chuger2 on January 21, 2004 at 23:55:45:

Well might as well throw my 2 cents worth in !!I agree with you Chugger.I grew up fishing the big G and my dad taught me to never run up on another boat that was fishing a spot.That was usually the maddest my father ever got was when we would be anchored fishing a spot for crappie usually a tree top we had put out or a road bed we had found out in the middle of the lake and people would literaly try to crawl in the boat with us.We even had one boat get between us and the bank while we were fishing a shellcracker bed one day HA!! They didnt seem to mind the coloful comments and the floats banging off the back of their boats!! and had the nerve to inform us we didnt own the lake!! My dad called these types of fishermen Parasites since they didnt go looking for fish them selves but used those of us that had already located them.To me If people are fishing a spot that is natural due to what ever is attracting the fish such as the swift water below a dam or the right depth in the back water for Sauger as long as a person is courteous and doesnt get too close to the other boats I dont have any problem with it .But if its a nice cracker bed you have hunted for all day or a personal made spot from the sinking of a tree or bait attractor then one should stay away out of respect.I dont see anyone in here offering up their man made honey holes anyway HA!! But it is great to hear what they were using and to hear that they can be caught using this or that and in what conditoins and depth.There is no better site for this kind of info around here so KUDOS to Kerry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]