Re: fish shortage??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on January 22, 2004 at 23:04:35:

In Reply to: fish shortage?? posted by baddog on January 22, 2004 at 21:43:19:

Hunting for them takes time and most of us have not enough time to spend the time it takes to find quality areas .Most of our old productive places were found over a long time span and it is hard to give up on places that have been good to you .You are right though when a place has dried up its time to move on.You just think its great fishing but you should have seen what it was like in the 1960's as a kid growing up on the lake even before the milfoil came to be. Back then it was white Crappie that ruled the lake and it was a rare catch when you caught one of these black crappie that dominate now.The white crappie favored the natural stuff in the lake like tree tops, stumps ,and drop offs where as the black ones like the concrete and the weeds so one had to change the way we fish for them so your right there.I can remember putting ot tree tops in the first of october and catching slabs off them by mid november.Now in the same areas you might gt 2 or 3 after its been there a year. So things have changed,you have to useunderwater bait atractors HA!! anyway I did like your points and observations about the fishing.One last thing though ,somethig has changed the Sauger fishing in the last 2 years.Catches have been sporadic if your the one that finds where they might be a few but over all they are not anywhere a consistant as they were 3 years ago.Case in point there were 5 flood gates open this week at gville dam and I saw 1 boat fishing up there ,3 years ago you had to take a name and number !! anyways continued good fishing and send a few slabs my way HA!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]