Re: sauger

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by minnow bucket on January 22, 2004 at 10:09:40:

In Reply to: Re: sauger posted by chuger2 on January 21, 2004 at 23:55:45:

Couldn't agree more with chuger2!!!!!! When a few fish. sauger or otherwise are located and that location is made known (by well meaning people or "hey look at how many I caught people") it follows that the pressure on that place will be monumental and detrimental to the fish in that area. Common sense should tell us that stories of great numbers being caught in one particular area will soon play out and the questions will start coming to the effect of "what has happened to the fish that WERE being caught" The answer begs the reply of DUH! but the real answer must be in understanding that the resource is not limitless. One such example (and there are many others) is the recent stories of the sauger at the location around the bridge of a certain city which I personally will not name although I realize most all know. This site and others are wonderful to help teach methods and share experiences with others but specifics can be damaging to the wonderful resources we have. I, like most, love to be told where numbers of fish can be caught but is this a good thing for the resource? Not trying offend anyone but maybe this is food for though. My 2 cents worth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]