Re: sauger

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on January 22, 2004 at 09:17:15:

In Reply to: Re: sauger posted by chuger2 on January 21, 2004 at 23:55:45:

When I read that post that said "ride until you see the other boats" I thought the same thing. Since I was a kid I was taught not to run beside someone if you see them catch a fish. Sometimes it is inevitable to have to share spots such as under bridges, old barge canals, and other significant structure, but some people are unbelievable rude and it seems to get worse every year.

I have been debating on posting when stripe fishing gets red hot below the dams because the pressure seems to be bad enough without an additional few boats. There is always at least one person that decides to hold a spot near the discharge or dam that prevents everyone from taking a turn drifting down. I find this particulary true below Wheeler dam where the discharge is sometimes very isolated (along with the bite).

I guess another moral dilemna is reading internet posts daily without ever contributing. While most people here are seeking advice, there are a few people that consistenly share information that I feel is correct and up to date. I guess that is the nature of this type of forum.

In regard to sauger catches this year, I was getting good reports from friends of some nice catches when the flood gates were open several weeks back. I noticed Guntersville is supposedly spilling again and I was hoping the activity would pick up again.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]