Weiss Lake Fishing report for 1-18-2004

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on January 21, 2004 at 00:08:55:

Since the death of Steve Pope, the Weiss Lake Fishing Reports, of course, stopped.

However, Steve Jr., Butch and Harry of Weiss Lake Guide service have started posting fishing reports once again on their site. I don't receive the updates via email from Cheryl anymore, so I can't say that I will always be able to copy them here, but here is the latest report from them dated 1-18-2004

DATE: 1-18-04
LAKE LEVEL:557.8 which is .2 below winter pool.
NORMAL LEVEL FULL POOL: 564
SURFACE TEMP: 43-48
WATER CLARITY: Good

This site will remain in memory of my father, Steve Pope who was my best friend and my father. Thank you for your
loyal support, Steve Pope (JR).

Harry's email harryrichardsonguide@tds.net Butch's email butchguide@hotmail.com

CRAPPIE:The fish have started to move up in a couple of creeks where early fish are always caught. Stringers of 25-60
keepers were brought in last week. Most of the fish were 10 1/4" - 10 1/2", with a few 1 1/2 - 2 lb fish.

BASS: Most bass are being caught on rocky points and rip-rap on Shad Raps, Pig & Jig and Drop Shot Worms fished
slow. Water temp. is 45 degrees. A couple of warm days to kick the water above 50 will really improve the fishing.

STRIPE:A lot of fish in 5-10 lb range are being caught near lock & dam on Sassy Shad, Little Fishie and live shad.

BREAM:No report

WHITE BASS: No Report

CATFISH: No Report

CARP: No Report

The lake is a foot above winter pool, and the water clarity is good.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]