Re: Frogg Toggs?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Price on January 16, 2004 at 00:30:58:

In Reply to: Re: Frogg Toggs? posted by Bruce Shelton on January 15, 2004 at 10:43:21:

I havnt as of yet used the Toggs but I used to do asbestos abatement in Texas and we wore suits that are both very cheap and reasonably durable and will repel water. They were tyvecs. There are many styles including one piece jumper suit types even with feet in them. Or tops with hood and bottoms with elastic waists and cuffs. There are several grades and the type we used were very water repellent. They seemed to have a plastic coating in or on the fibers of the suit that aided in this trait. In 98 I bought a box full of green (the green like surgical clothing) at a supply house in Beaumont Texas with twelve jumpsuit footed types for 22 dollars. I have done everything from lay under autos to fish in them. For the money they are worth the try. Make sure you get the slick feeling type as they are the repellent ones. I have seen these in white the aforementioned green and a darer blue. Once after forgetting my camo coverall rain suit I ran down to a hardware store in Orifino Idaho and got some flat balck rusty, and grey primer and made me a quick camo water suit for elk hunting. Worked like a charm. My guide was duly impressed lololol

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]