Re: big river bridge sauger?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by minnow bucket on December 29, 2003 at 22:39:45:

In Reply to: big river bridge sauger? posted by sethook on December 29, 2003 at 15:06:49:

Being sound of age,upper range, I will share with you the following info about the 431 bridge and sauger fishing. It has been a few years ago but for four straight years I fished for sauger each fall and winter. The 431 bridge(s), there are of couse two, one s. bound and one n. bound, are east of the old (latest replaced bridge). The old underwater bridge structure is still there to some degree. Use depthfinder to locate it west of the s. bound bridge. The underwater henry slough flows downstream under the bridges to the river on the south and west of the brige. Spring creek empties into henry slough on the south side of the bridge. Mckee island towards the center of the bridges, extends from upriver (east) to below the bridges downriver (west). There is a channel in this island below the bridges. The Tennessee river channel is on the north side of the bridge and is of course the deepest water in the area. (Whew) The sauger can be caught in the channels and sides of the slough, creeks, bridge pilings and the river and on the tops and sides of the underwater islands. In my view the lure of choice would be jigs with minnow and stinger hook vertically jigged. Color is optional with chartruese, pink,and orange beings some of the options. Sauger seem to like bright colors. I hope this is not too confusing and that it helps. Good luck

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]