Re: Fly fishing the beach @ Orange Beach

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on December 26, 2003 at 22:45:12:

In Reply to: Fly fishing the beach @ Orange Beach posted by Zach on December 26, 2003 at 22:05:58:

Given the water T is a cool 57 near shore right now,there probably aren't many species on the beach ,possibly a red fish or bonita as they come near shore in cooler waters.I do know they catch Bonita and Northern Mackeral off the piers there this time of year.But I'm not a flyfisherman so I am only giving you an opinion HA!!or in this case a best guess based on my experiences of fishing the jetties and piers this time of year.I can tell that this time of year the trout and redfish are biting good but in the deeper holes and around structures.Off shore the Grouper and Amber jacks are hot,so are snapper but since big brother feds dont have a clue you cant keep any till april 21 unless you are a commercial fisherman.Sorry I couldnt be of any more help,If you are over toward Destin you might want to try one of the offseason party trips ,they are reasonable at 40 to 60 bucks for 6 to 8 hour trips and you do catch fish.Also ,there in Orange beach check at San roc cay marina and Zekes to see if they are running week end walk on trips,again they are much lower than in the summer.Best of luck and if you dont get to fly fish then enjoy the beauty of the beaches in winter !!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]