Re: sauger help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on December 17, 2003 at 22:34:00:

In Reply to: sauger help posted by slabby on December 17, 2003 at 20:30:10:

As for the current depends on where you were fishing below the dam,but the current is a good thing ,better than dead water for sure.since I fish for them from the bank 99% of the time I'm not sure how big a chunk of jig head they use .we get away with a one /quarter head most of the time ,again depending on the current and will go up to a 5/16th or even3/8ths if necessary,just got to be on or near the bottom and yep you gonna hang till you get a feel for the jigs movement in the current.Course we are casting and retrieving our jig n minnow where i assume being in a boat you were fishing verticle .Wish I could have been of more help,Im sure some of the boat men will come along and fill you in,as for the jacks ,my dad caught 2 today from 3:30 til dark one went better than 14 but the other was about 11.It should be prime time for them right now but just as it was last year we arent seeing any like we did 2 years before.and given the size of the few we catch i suspect nets ,but what do I know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]