Re: Gville Sauger update - I was there

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie Garrett on December 16, 2003 at 11:13:08:

In Reply to: Gville Sauger update posted by Snapperking on December 15, 2003 at 22:07:14:

I was one of the 7 boats, the green Astro F/S. We only caught 1 Sauger and had to leave around 4:30. I saw about 5 caught from the other boats until we left. I know, we left too early, the bite turns on close to dark. But my partner had a HS band concert to attend. We did try one crappie spot for about 15 minutes before leaving, landed 3 keepers to go with the others we caught earlier. I guess they have not made their way upriver yet. May try downstream later this week.
I may even have room for a guest if my normal partners decline. Email me and we'll see.

We started the day at the 431 bridge in Guntersville looking for sauger. Caught 2 drum and several yellow stripe. Tried several places near the bridge, but nothing. There was zero bait showing up on the graph, which usually means zero fish. Gave up about 10:30 and shot the docks at honeycomb until almost 2:00 (kept 8 nice crappie). Then trailered the boat and tried below the dam.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]