Re: P.S. depth/fish finders Re: Guntersville CRAPPIE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 23, 2003 at 22:55:28:

In Reply to: Re: P.S. depth/fish finders Re: Guntersville CRAPPIE posted by tight line on November 23, 2003 at 22:41:24:

LOL! I see you didn't go out and buy a Hummingbird! (grin)

I can understand your frustration and it might have been a good public relations tool for them to honor an expired warranty, but then again... it was expired.

In any case, I don't have personal experience with every brand and model out there. I can only speak from my own experience and I will most likely buy another Eagle/Lowrance (biggest difference there is the price) when the unit I have "expires". They don't make the model I have anymore, but I found one on close-out at Walmart and bought it as a spare. It didn't cost me much more than a new transducer would cost me. (smile) I would like to see some of the more expensive, top-of-the-line models in action to compare notes, but I doubt many of them would be much more impressive in putting me on fish. I guess what I am saying is, if you use the equipment and the equipment works well, you become familiar with its idiosyncrasies and learn how to interpret what you see. I think this is true even with the most expensive units.

I have heard good things about Garmin and of course, I like Lowrance/Eagle, but I stand by what I have already said about Crummybirds...er, um, Hummingbirds. I have never used one that I had any confidence in. Time and experience may change my mind... who knows.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]