Re: Guntersville CRAPPIE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 23, 2003 at 00:41:52:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville CRAPPIE posted by Mike on November 21, 2003 at 17:44:24:

Mike,

Sorry, but for the same reasons why you wanted to avoid the crowds at the bridge, we can't give any more info on the specifics of locations. If we did, we would have to put in another year or so of work to find yet another spot to fish that was as productive and not have a crowd. We aren't pro guides, we are just like everyone else, except we are driven and addicted to crappie fishing! (grin)

All I can tell you is to read the NAFF article by Alex about Fall Crappie and structure/feeder building. Pay close attention to the details of our reports as that combination will give a lot of information that will help you find the fish. However, I have to say this although it will sound like a brag... There have been a few folks to come upon us while we were tearing them up and we have been as helpful as we can. Not only giving them the exact same lures to use, but also making sure that they were using the same test line, technique, depth to work, way to work it, etc. In most cases, they still can't catch them while we continue to wear them out.

Like I said, I am not bragging, but it is difficult for some folks to get the hang of how we fish. Although Alex and I have posted most of the details of what you need to do, some folks get it and some folks don't.

In any case, I hope you found a few and had a good trip!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

P.S.

Depth and presentation are more important than color right now. Watch your line closely for the hit, don't expect to feel the hit. Use a line (4 or 6 #test) that you can see! Fish have been mostly at 15-20 feet and best colors for us have been arkansas shiner, baby bass, crytal shad bass asassins, but I have caught them on everything else I have tried. Depth and presentation! Watch your line for the hit!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]