Guntersville CRAPPIE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 21, 2003 at 12:08:44:

I have not been fishing this year as much because of my parents having health problems but Kerry and I went to Guntersville Thursday (my stress relief) and decided to try out some areas. Going over there, I did not have a lot of enthusiasm, but someone was watching over me. Kerry and I got there around 6:00 and did not get bit until around 6:30. Action was fast at times and we limited several times. Estimated catch was well over 100! Once we limited we culled until 3:30 and went home. All fish were caught on bassassasins in 15ft to 20ft of water. Key was finding current break lines and structure. The quality was fair. Between Kerry and myself we had 2 or 3 fish over 2 pounds and 5 over 1.5 pounds. The rest were 3/4 to over a pound. Kerry and I lost several GOOD fish by rushing them. All 60 crappie that I cleaned had shad in their stomachs. One of the 2-pound fish had several crawdads in its stomach. Hopefully, Kerry and I will get back after them next week if my schedule and parents allow me to. Good luck to everyone and wear those life jackets

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]