Re: Guntersville crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 16, 2003 at 18:14:02:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville crappie posted by slabby on November 15, 2003 at 16:45:04:

Hey Slabby,

Not meaning to be disrepectful, but without exception, everyone that has ever told me that they don't do well with jigs for crappie are simply not using them.

I understand about the confidence thing though! Whatever you have confidence in will inevitably be what you end up with at the end of your line most of the time. Because of this, at least from the standpoint of statistics, a person will ALWAYS catch more fish on the lure of confidence since it is what is in the water most of the time. Having said that, I also think there is something to how a person works a lure of confidence -vs- a lure you aren't sure of. However, I have learned the hard way more than once that my stubborn nature has kept me from using new methods, fishing formerly "fishless" areas and not going out in my boat due to weather or other conditions and I have missed a lot of good fishing because of it.

Anyway, let me know if you want to try jig fishing with some help. If you can find the crappie, I can catch them on jigs and show you how as well! (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]