Re: BAROMETRIC PRESSURE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob D on November 11, 2003 at 10:39:24:

In Reply to: Re: BAROMETRIC PRESSURE posted by Red on November 11, 2003 at 08:26:09:

One major consideration that has not been mentioned here is wether you're fishing in a still body of water or a moving current.

In a lake/resevoir or pond, I've always avoided the low pressures. When the barometer is falling and or gets around 29.00 Crappie get a case of lock jaw that won't quit! Steady and or a rising barometer have been productive for me over the years. On a falling barometer or really low pressure, the fish look like a single line or a secondary bottom on your fish finder/graph. When they are head to tail like that, they ain't going to bite. They get so tight on the cover you can't get a jig between their lips and the cover, they sit there with their chin resting on the structure.

When fishing in a river or moving current in a resevoir, the barometric pressure doesn't seem to be the predominant factor. I have found that the current is what predominantly determines the bite. As long as there is moving water, you can pretty much determine where the fish will be and get them to bite.

I know I've heard a lot of stories over the years of how fish have turned on just as a storm is approaching or right after it has hit. These stories are a testimony to the effects of barometeric pressure.

Well, there's my two cents worth on this one.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]