Re: Flint Creek

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 09, 2003 at 21:27:47:

In Reply to: Flint Creek posted by Randy on November 09, 2003 at 21:05:30:

Hey Randy,

Nope, for the most part Flint (upper and lower) has been that way since the first cold snap, long ago... The crappie started to move up then, but moved back out quickly with the abnormal warm weather.

The larger crappie on Wheeler have still been hanging out nearer the main river channels. Not that I have been catching a lot of them, but they have definitely not moved up into the creeks yet. My best luck with keepers and I am not talking about the legal 9 inch limit, but fish that will yield a decent fillet, has come much closer to the main river channel. Drop-offs in the range of 8-20 feet near the main river channel.

Hopefully, and I think it will be in the next 2 weeks or so, this cooler weather will get them moving up into the creeks and shallower water, but without a good cold water shad kill, it will still be hard to get on them. Too much food (shad) is good for the fish (I think?), but makes it hard on the fishermen since they don't have to work too hard to eat.

Theory #50-345-1 (grin) I have more theories on why I am not catching fish than why I am when I do. And none of them involve a lack of skill on my part! LOL (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]