Wheeler/Wilson from the bank

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on October 30, 2003 at 19:27:33:

Tried Wheeler around Decatur early today from the bank with little to no luck. Got out around 6am and tried various locations around Decatur for crappie, but didn't catch anything.

Decided to drive to Wheeler dam. Saw from 40 to 50 boats drifting delow the dam, but didn't see anything caught. Not saying they weren't catching anything, just that I didn't see anyone catching.

They turned on the turbines about 6am at Wheeler this morning. I usually do better when they have been running them all night or at least since midnight or about 2 or 3 am. With all the warm weather, it may be a while before that pattern starts since the amount they generate depends a lot on how much demand for electricity there is. The colder weather will also make it easier to find my quarry! Although Wheeler is getting down to the levels that I like, this warm weather is making it hard for me to locate good schools of crappie.

Tried Spring creek on the way home. Nothing for me, but I did see an old friend who was catching a couple of catfish at the bridge.

That's all for now...

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: