Re: Smallmouth Taxidermist

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BlueWater on October 28, 2003 at 09:08:50:

In Reply to: Smallmouth Taxidermist posted by Mike4AU on October 27, 2003 at 19:13:13:

Mike4AU - Congratulations to your friends son on his wallhanger SM! How big was it?

For what it's worth... I'm looking, RIGHT NOW, at a SM that Rocky Drakes's shop did for me many years ago - and it looks OK - just OK. The fish I caught weighed 5lb 11 oz and the fish on my wall looks like its not an ounce over 4#!!! This is the second fish his shop had done for me and I'll NEVER take another one there. The first was a LM that "shrunk" also - plus, it's fins are now "peeling". (Call me a slow learner...)

Also, your friends son will darn near be in high school by the time he get's his mount back from Rockys!!! They take FOREVER! My fish took nearly two years! TWO YEARS! I have friends that have taken game heads to his shop and waited well over 3 year!!! Sorry, but that is ridiculous. Have your friend ask around at some local tackle shops (Check with Doug at Waterfront Grocery as an example) and find a decent taxidermist that will do a good job and get your friends kid's fish to him in a reasonable time... Do what you want - this is only my opinion and reflects my experiences and perspective.

Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]