Re: Smallmouth Taxidermist

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on October 28, 2003 at 07:57:26:

In Reply to: Smallmouth Taxidermist posted by Mike4AU on October 27, 2003 at 19:13:13:

Mike4AU, Rocky Drake is the one you want. Rocky has won all sorts of Taxidermy contests over the years. He has mounted several of my smallmouth and the results are un believable.

Since Rocky has been doing his TV show, his return time is rather long. The last smallmouth he did for me was 18 months. At first this really made me upset, but when I walked in his shop and picked up my fish, I would have weighted 3 years! His work along with his fathers work is fantastic!

What so unique about his work is the details. For instant when I droped off my fish he calls me back and wants to know if I wanted the gold inlay on the scales? He explained to me that this really finishes the fish and makes it look like it just came out of the water. What he did was so unbelievable. He painted a very thin gold line on each individual scale of the fish. This detail was 25 dollars extra but well worth it. It gave the fish almost a 3D effect.

Bob, the last fish I got mounted by Rocky was $125.00. The 25 was for the gold detail. Well worth it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]