Go to the source... Re: Disney PETA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on October 19, 2003 at 21:34:21:

In Reply to: Disney PETA posted by paul on October 19, 2003 at 19:44:44:

First, I am NOT a PETA fan or supporter as I believe that the organization could do a lot more for stopping animal suffering if they weren't so involved in making money. That is, in fact, what PETA is all about - making money/profit. They prey on the emotions of people in order to get them to contribute $$$ by making claims that being at the top of the food chain is a bad thing. Mind you, I have no use for people who abuse animals, but PETA takes the meaning of abuse to an extreme (for profit let's not forget) that is totally absurd! If PETA really wanted to do something of value with all the money they steal from well meaning people, we wouldn't have such a huge population of unwanted pets such as cats and dogs. But I digress...

However, I would do a little research before I blindly signed ANY online or other petition. I'm not saying that this petition isn't valid, I really don't know. The point is, you and I really don't know what will be done will the "signatures" supposedly left for this "petition".

My advice is, research it first to see if it is real or a hoax, then and ONLY THEN, if you find that the statements are true and you have an issue with them, contact Disney or whomever is the target DIRECTLY! That is the only way you can know for sure that what your intentions and what you think will actually be received by Disney or whomever you have a beef with.

As I said, this "petition" may be legit, but I wouldn't sign my name to it until I knew a LOT more about the site carrying it and the people who originated it and their real intent.

Just my $.02

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: