AOL mail problems et al... Re: Board maintenance and a question for all

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on October 17, 2003 at 21:07:25:

In Reply to: Board maintenance and a question for all posted by Kerry Grissett on October 17, 2003 at 20:53:25:

Lately, tonight as a matter of fact, I have received a couple of warning messages from AOL saying that messages eminating from the NAFF via Email are violating its policy for spam/bulk email.

Unfortunately, some filtering agents being used by some ISP's don't recognize legitimate subscriber list emails or differentiate between unwanted emails and those for which an individual subscribes. I have no choice but to delete ANY address which causes this type of message to come back to me. If you happen to get deleted from the list and would like to re-join, please check with your ISP to see what YOU have to do to make sure this doesn't happen to you again!

Sorry folks, but I really have no choice. I try very hard to make sure that only those who really choose to be on the mailing list are on it, but it looks like even some of those will have to do a little work to make sure that their ISP does not pre-empt their voluntary inclusion in the list.

Thanks!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: