Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 10-15-2003

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on October 15, 2003 at 22:26:42:

DATE: 10-15-03
LAKE LEVEL: 562.0
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 67.3
WATER CLARITY: Great

CRAPPIE: Picking up. Some pretty good stringers coming in. Some fish caught around the docks. The bigger fish are on the old river
channel edge bumping bottom. If you can find some drops and humps you can get them there. Riverside has been reporting some
pretty good catches as has JR"s Marina. Also Hawgs Den and Roosters. Both ends of the lake seem to be productive. Best jig color is
bubble gum and triple green.

BASS: Bass fishing is also very good. Drops and humps. Soft plastics. Crank Baits working alright. Some pretty good fish. Most of them
tournament size. Remember in the fall of the year the bass like rocks.

STRIPE: Some activity upriver. They have been surfacing fairly regularly in James Branch right on up. Few white bass mixed in with
them. Please don't keep 30. Take what you can eat and leave the rest alone.

BREAM: Bream are wide open on Guntersville. For my Yankee friends they are red breasts. And for you Florida boys they are perch.
Take the kids fishing. If you decide to go give me a "holler" and I will tell you where to go.

CATFISH: The catfish are active with the cooler weather. Bank fishermen have been catching them. Trot liners and jug fishermen
doing well. All the fish cleaning stations are holding good fish. Riverside reported a 36lb'er this week.

WARNING: With Cheryl in the hospital I had the bright idea to eat TV dinners. I went to the store and picked a few out. The picture
on the box is beautiful. Pop it in the micro 4 minutes, I like fast. What came out of the micro didn't look like the picture on the box.
My dog will eat anything, but she turned her nose up at that.
Good Fishing! Steve, Cheryl, Butch & Harry www.weisslakeguideservice.com 256-927-6617
As an after thought, Mr. Harry had a 3lb'er today. Caught by a little lady.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]