Re: metal boats?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob G on October 15, 2003 at 08:09:44:

In Reply to: metal boats? posted by johnny on October 14, 2003 at 21:29:20:

I almost have what you are asking about. I have a 17 ft Triton VMag II with a 90 horse Honda on it. I had to stay at this size because of the storage space that I have for the boat.

I love this boat. I will never even think about getting another glass boat. I probably won't need another boat for a hundred years. I found out something really neat about aluminum boats. You don't ever have to wash them or wax them. They look like they have been used, but they won't oxidize so who cares?

The newer nicer aluminum boats have all the conveniences that glass boats have. They ride great if you drive them great. A glass hull gets old and no amount of maintenance will make one last for 30 years if you use it. A well made aluminum hull should outlast the owner.

The boat pops up on plane really quickly, even with the heavy 4 stroke and 3 big batteries in the back. It's a tad heavy with all the stuff I have in it so it only runs about 45 mph, but that's fast enough for me. I've had faster boats but they didn't ride as well and I am getting to where I value comfort over speed.

happy trails - Rob G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]