Re: gar fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on October 02, 2003 at 22:19:39:

In Reply to: Re: gar fishing posted by Mike on October 02, 2003 at 19:16:35:

Surely you did not grow up on the TN River. When the gar start rolling, it is all but over for "spring" fishing below the dams. I am excluding the green fish on the lakes. Mark it down - if you see gar rolling, it is likely that you might come home with nothing but a sunburn.

Rather than a phobia, I would call this a compulsion to at least go home knowing what it feels like to have a beast on the other end fighting for what it thinks is survival. The first time I did this type of fishing was with a Zebco 33, and the last time, about 4-5 years ago, was with a better drag system such as a front-drag spinning reel. At the time, I was living near Atlanta, Georgia and had come home to fish. Sometimes anything is better than nothing. However, skipjack is an exception to this rule since I have gotten older!

Perhaps you need to go into the guide service if you feel you can put people on fish, on-command, in the late spring and early summer tailraces. At least if you can put them on REAL fish!?!?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]