Re: NAFF Rules of Conduct

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on September 30, 2003 at 22:30:56:

In Reply to: Re: NAFF Rules of Conduct posted by Tom on September 30, 2003 at 21:23:23:

Thanks for clarifying things Tom. I really wasn't sure which way to respond to your first post. (smile)

I agree that I don't want this (yet another controversial debate/discussion) to get out of hand and, as always, I will make every attempt to keep myself and everyone else in line as far as decorum is concerned.

However, I think it is important to bring these topics up for discussion here since the viewpoint of the average amateur angler/weekend angler/tourist/average citizen does not often have a forum to make their views known. This is the only Alabama fishing forum not driven by sponsors or profit. Personally, I can't just sit by and watch things like this go from bad to worse hoping someone ELSE will say or do something. Can I or this message board make a difference? I don't know, but I would be wrong not to try.

Having been on the receiving end of "pro tournament angler" er..umm.. courtesy on numerous occasions, I know from personal experience that this is a big problem to everyone who happens to be on the water during a major event. As long as the "good" pros support bad behaviour on the water or say nothing, which is in fact supporting it and the organizations that profit by "professional" fishing and organize these events allow it and the sponsors who pay for it all don't get negative feedback... well, I think you see my point. (smile)

There are also a large number of amateur fishermen and pleasure boaters who would do well to look up the word courtesy and maybe even ethics, definitely they should learn what IDLE SPEED - NO WAKE means! (grin) However, if anyone wants to call themselves a "professional" and not only places themselves in the public eye, but also wants to give the impression of being worthy of our respect, whether it be an individual, organization or even a government entity, they should reach for a higher level of integrity by setting the best example in ethics (moral code), courtesy and honesty. In my opinion, the "pros" have failed these tests more than enough times to call them to the carpet.

When did ethics on the water change just because someone is fishing for money?

In any case, as I said before, you have always been an asset to the NAFF and very helpful to me in finding things of interest about fishing in the North Alabama area. That and your opinion is very much appreciated! Sorry to blurt out so much type, but you know me... I just had to! (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]