Re: It's not just the pros

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Al on September 29, 2003 at 20:07:22:

In Reply to: Arrogant Pro attitudes and lack of ethics posted by Kerry Grissett on September 28, 2003 at 23:07:56:

I've never encountered any of the pros on the water. I have had several run ins with some of the local hot shots. On one occasion I was waiting in line to launch at a public ramp where there was a tournament that was about to get under way. While I'm waiting in line to launch my buddy is sitting in the boat ready to back it off the trailer when one of the "officals" comes up to the boat to search it for fish I might be trying to weigh in their tournament. I told the guy I was not fishing the tournament and would like for him to get away from my boat. He said he was going to search the boat. I responded by getting out of the truck and getting in his face. He back off with a "**** you". I back down to the water with my boat on the trailer and blocked the ramp until this jurk came over for some more words. Almost came to blows. All I was looking for was a quiet day on the water.
Another time I was told not to take my boat out of the water until all the tournament fishermen had their boats loaded. I ended up bumping a couple of boats out of my way and got my boat loaded. It's not just the pros, some people have no respect for other fisherment. We don't all want to tournament fish like the pros. Now I avoid any ramp that has a tournament scheduled to launch from it. Sorry to vent this here I felt like I needed to get it off my chest.
Kerry, I really like this board and have gotten a lot of useful info from it. Keep up the good work!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]