Re: Arrogant Pro attitudes and lack of ethics

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ew on September 29, 2003 at 16:15:46:

In Reply to: Arrogant Pro attitudes and lack of ethics posted by Kerry Grissett on September 28, 2003 at 23:07:56:

Just wanted to follow up on some of Kerry's statements. I fish these professional events and you are right that there are some real jerks out there. However there are some really good people on the trails too. In respect to the lack of etiquette, there are alot of people out there that are not tournament fishermen that think that they own the water too. I was in a Everstart Tournament in Guntersville this year and a guy pulled into the patch of grass that I was fishing within casting distance of me. He then looked at me and told me that if I would pay him a $1000.00 he would leave, otherwise he was going to sit there in my way all day. How about the guys in Louisiana who shot at Gary Klein or ran Harold Allen out of an area and said that the water he was in was private property. I don't know but that could explain a reason behind some of the sucky attitudes that some of these guys have. You have to remember that alot of these guys are doing this for a living and it is there job. You wouldn't like it if you went into work tomorrow morning and there was someone in your desk and told you that today that was there desk and you weren't going to get paid today. In order for these guys to show you respect you should show them some respect also and remember that they are the reason that Decatur is fixing to spend 1.8 million dollars in order to build a new public ramp and marina. And they are also the reason that the state spent so much money in order to improve the State Parks. Just a thought!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]