What's up w/all the negativity about professional fishermen?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Albuzzb8er on September 29, 2003 at 02:27:43:

As I read Kerry's message about Tim Horton and the lynch mob below about Aaron Martens I feel that I need to ask why so much negativity is cast on the pro's. I fished in the tournament as an amateur & all the pro's I fished with were great. They were very courteous & professional from what I encountered. One day of the tournament my partner & I were fishing in sight of Tim Horton on the channel while he had a camera boat following him w/ 2 other competitors boats either fishing the channel or the flats around him. Take to fact that the flats had boats all over it. My partner started talking to the pro that Tim had just idled next to shaking his head while on his way to his next fishing spot. Apparently Tim wanted to fish where the other boat was. The pro told us he had been fishing there during practice as we borrowed a couple of Brush Hogs from him. In my opinion Tim just thought wherever he fished on the flats in the tournament was his to be fished anytime. Other than that, everything else seemed to go real smooth & BASS checked for licenses the first thing at the meeting.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]