Re: Trolling Batteries

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on September 27, 2003 at 23:42:54:

In Reply to: Trolling Batteries posted by Bruce Shelton on September 27, 2003 at 20:27:36:

Bruce, this subject comes up from time to time and I have also asked the same question.

The answer will vary depending on the experience of the individual you ask. For the most part, care and upkeep of your batteries is the most important thing in making them last as long as possible.

Without going into all that, you should do a search on the NAFF site search engine for "batteries" or "battery". You will find those older threads that should answer most of your questions.

For a short answer, I use the largest EverStart (2 of them) that WalMart sells, MAXX-29. Many folks have sworn by AC-Delco, if you can find them. From what I have been told by a couple of local fishing guides is that most of them perform reasonably well, but having a good SMART charging system and regular maintenance (charging, adding water, etc.) make as much difference as anything else.

I did try the Interstate batteries, but had problems with the batteries lasting and also with them honoring their warranty.

Hope this helps!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: