Re: Smith Lake Stripers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Price on September 23, 2003 at 17:23:08:

In Reply to: Smith Lake Stripers posted by BassTracker on September 23, 2003 at 15:42:50:

Hi> I live on the Walker County side next to Mauldins Camp. I fish almost daily all up and down the lake from Mauldins camp down to the dam and back up into Ryans Creek. I fly fish alot near the public boat ramp at the dam and have seen reasonably good catchs coming in there as people load and unload their boats. I am usually bank fishing next to the ram back towards blue water point with a fly rod. I have caught a few stripers near the dam in the last few trips. Where Ryans Creek comes into the main body seems to be a good producing are about this time of year. The water around Mauldins have given a few nice ones up as well. My 12 year old caught a six pounder a couple days ago off the point in front of Mauldins while fishing for bluegill with me. The shad seem to be concentratin near there right now and along sunset you start to see fish hitting top chasing those shad. I am not an avid stripe fisher but have heard the fishing is good right now from those that live near me and do as well as those coming and going at the ramp at the dam. If you see bgi redneck witha goatee and a fly rod in hand around them parts chances are it is me lol. Wish I could be more help.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]