Re: Rough estimate of gator length

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Price on September 23, 2003 at 00:29:00:

In Reply to: Re: Rough estimate of gator length posted by Steve Ball, GatorSpectator on September 22, 2003 at 23:17:51:

I gotta admit feeding gators is fun but the dangers is not worth it. Getting the gator to associate people and a steady diet would be a bad idea. There used to be a restaraunt near Winnie Texas called The Boondocks. The key words are "used to be". They were right on a large bayou and had been there for years and was a great restaraunt. Anyway after eating you could get hush puppies and walk down to the dock and feed the wild gators. This was good til someone finally fell in. That was the end of the place and several gators were destroyed out of fear that they might go find a house with kids for their next human donated treat. I too have heard and seen the measuring stats given by Kerry. I am in no doubt that they are actually there but I am really stumped as to why and how lol. I need to go up there and see these buggers. Too bad they dont have a season here aint nothin taste as good as fried gator tail!!! Obviously these gators are getting food very easily hence the large size. May be because there are not such a population density of them so there is more available food.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]